Ten Favorite Photos of 2010

As 2010 comes to a close, I took a look back at some of my favorite photos from this year. The highlight of the year by far was the trip my husband and I took in the spring to California. In a week we drove from Napa to Los Angeles, and I would have loved to have had more time. The scenery along the Pacific Coast Highway was simply stunning, so it’s no surprise that several of my favorites are from that trip. It was hard to narrow it down to only ten, and there isn’t really any rhyme or reason for why these photos are my favorites. There is something about each one that I love, so I hope you enjoy them all and have a wonderful 2011!

Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens, Santa Barbara, CA.

Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens, Santa Barbara, California

American Falls, Niagara Falls State Park, Niagara Falls, New York

American Falls, Niagara Falls State Park, Niagara Falls, New York

Blue and Yellow Macaw, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, Sarasota, Florida

Blue and Yellow Macaw, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, Sarasota, Florida

19 responses

1. Anki

Hi … Lovely photos as always :-) My favorite of these is the one of the American Falls. It looks soo smooth. Happy New Year 2011.
    /Anki

January 1, 2011 at 2:00 pm

2. The turquoise in the Macaw is a color I’d love to duplicate….gorgeous photos….looking forward to your photos that document 2011.

January 1, 2011 at 5:55 pm

3. My favorites are of the Big Sur coastline and the Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens. :)

January 1, 2011 at 10:24 pm

• Thanks so much Nina! I’m partial to those as well…the photo of the Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens is above my fireplace!

January 1, 2011 at 10:31 pm

4. About my most favorite places in the US. Nice shots Elizabeth! Love the botanic garden shot. I did not have any clouds the day I was there. Beautiful!

January 2, 2011 at 4:05 pm

5. Great work, I especially like the Niagara Falls shot as well as the jellyfish.

January 3, 2011 at 9:36 pm

6. Beautiful photography! I especially love the sea nettle and the waterfall.

Looking forward to seeing more!

All the very best of the New Year!

January 10, 2011 at 7:13 pm

7. Love your photography. Really love your Niagra Falls photo :))). I love photographing waterfalls!!

January 14, 2011 at 1:46 pm

8. Looks like you had a fun year Elizabeth! Some wonderful images from you CA trip (thanks for visiting us!). I love the photo of Niagara Falls primarily because you captured a unique view. At first glance I didn’t realize it was Niagara; not an easy task considering it’s such an iconic landmark. Well done!

January 16, 2011 at 12:50 pm

9. Love the Niagara Falls State Park! The picture just feels powerful!

January 18, 2011 at 11:52 am

10. Admiring the dedication you have put into your blog and detailed information you provide. It’s good to arrive at a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed material. Fantastic read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

April 22, 2011 at 11:37 pm